If you are looking for a job as an administrative assistant, then you have to check out this list of the 30 most common administrative assistant interview questions. Follow along to learn more, including some tips on how to ace your interview.
What Do Administrative Assistants Do?
Administrative assistants perform various clerical tasks and support the day-to-day operations of an office, ensuring that it runs smoothly.
Some of the most common duties of an administrative assistant include:
- Answering phone calls
- Organizing schedules
- Typing reports
- Preparing documents
- Filing paperwork
- Receiving and distributing mail
- Managing office supplies
- Making travel arrangements
Now, keep in mind that not every administrative assistant job is the same. The duties and responsibilities of the role may change depending on the industry and the specific requirements of the position.
Administrative Assistant Interview Questions
The following list will help you make sense of the type of questions you may face when you interview for a job as administrative assistant.
- Why did you apply for this position?
- Tell me about yourself
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What do you know about our company?
- What do you enjoy about being an administrative assistant?
- What do you consider to be the most important skill for an administrative assistant?
- What management style do you prefer?
- What is your experience with data entry?
- What is your typing speed?
- What are your main strengths?
- What are your main weaknesses?
- What software tools do you know how to use?
- What office equipment do you know how to use?
- How do you handle conflict?
- How do you prioritize work?
- How do you handle sensitive information?
- Describe a time when you solved a problem
- Describe a typical day at your current job
- Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult person at work
- How do you handle stress?
- What challenges have you faced in your current position?
- Talk briefly about your experience
- What is your biggest professional achievement so far?
- What motivates you?
- How do you stay organized?
- How do you ensure accuracy in clerical tasks?
- What’s your experience with travel arrangements?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What is your availability?
Administrative Assistant Interview Tips
While knowing how to answer the above questions is essential, there are other steps you can take to ensure you ace your interview.
- Research the company
- Read the job description carefully
- Be prepared to talk about your experience and achievements using concrete examples
- Ask a friend to help you conduct a mock interview
- Choose a clean, professional attire for the interview
- Be punctual
Looking for a Job? Driven Talent Can Help!
Whether you are an employer looking for the ideal candidate to fill a position or a job seeker trying to take the next step in your career, Driven Talent is here to make things easier.
Contact us today by telephone (657-533-2980), through our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram), or fill out the contact form to learn more about our services and our philosophy.