We know: job hunting can be complex, with many moving parts involved. While there are things you can do to prepare for specific phases of your search (such as the job interview, for example), today we’ll show you a tip that will help you throughout the entire process.
The Tip All Job Seekers Should Keep in Mind
You know what they say: everything in life is a sale. Job hunting is no exception to this rule, so approach the job search process as a sale where you are selling your experience and know-how. In short, be your own salesperson.
The best way to sell yourself as a job candidate is to identify examples of your skills. This is an important step because it shows potential employers the value you bring to the table.
To find examples of your skills, ask yourself these questions:
- When was a time when you stayed poised under pressure at work?
- Which is your most important professional accomplishment?
- What concrete problems have you helped solve?
- When have you displayed leadership, creativity, or empathy at work?
How These Examples Make a Difference
According to an old saying, “the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.” By using examples like these, you show what you are capable of, not theoretically, but practically.
Here’s how this simple idea helps you throughout the entire job search process:
- In the beginning, it helps you gain confidence by becoming aware of your own worth as a potential employee.
- Having actual examples of your abilities will make it easy to create a compelling resume that grabs the attention of potential employers.
- During a job interview, convincing examples of your skills help you build your case as the ideal candidate for the position.
Finally, keep in mind that while this is a powerful tool, your job search strategy should also include generous doses of persistence, confidence, and motivation. Stay tuned for more job search tips!
Need Help With Jobs in Southern California? Driven Talent Is Here to Help
Whether you are an employer looking for the ideal candidate to fill a position or a job seeker trying to take the next step in your career, we can help you get where you want to be.
Contact us today by email, telephone (657-533-2980), or fill out the contact form on our website to learn more about our services.